Congratulations on successfully making up a contribution to your dinner’s Common Fund! If you have any questions do not hesitate to get in touch, we’re here to walk this journey with you.
Leading up to the dinner, start thinking about needs and opportunities you might bring to the table. Think about people from work, school, friends or neighbours. Who is in a tight spot and needing a bit of help? To get you inspired, here’s a small sampling of some needs Common Change UK groups have met recently.
- Replacing a stolen bike needed for getting to work
- Buying a double pram for a young family with twins
- A hardship gift to single parent awaiting a Universal Credit payment
- A new washing machine for a refugee
- A mattress for recently housed refugee
- Buying a tumble dryer for large family in hardship
Here is a one-page document with some tips for how to present an opportunity during the dinner. This can really help eliminate some of the awkwardness about presenting a need and will help to encourage good conversation.
If you have any questions, please drop us a line.