Common Change is committed to empowering people to pool financial resources with people they know, to share with people in need within their neighbourhoods and networks. We are committed to demonstrating that we live in an economy of abundance and to eliminating personal economic isolation.
The ideal candidate…
We’re looking for a ‘people person’ who is good at making relationships and has a self-starter mentality to join us in inspiring others to live lifestyles of generosity. We’re looking for someone who has experience bringing people together on Zoom or other video platforms (e-mail isn’t enough). If connecting with people and giving them the tools to experience and grow in their giving is your idea of fun, then this job will be right up your street.
In this position you will support, promote, create awareness and manage the initiatives surrounding Common change in the UK. This role is intended to extend the Common Change ethos of care, compassion and community and provide a supportive scaffolding for groups to grow.
1) Deepen engagement of existing groups and members…
- We currently have 9 Common Change groups in the UK. We need someone to foster and deepen their engagement helping them to make the most of being part of Common Change.
- Build relationships with group coordinators, helping them to create a ‘buzz’ about their group.
- Help groups to identify ways that they can use their common fund to meet needs in their neighbourhood/network.
2) Activate new groups to get going…
- Engage new leads and prospects (people who have enquired / expressed an interest) helping them through the process of either joining an existing group or forming a new one.
- Where and when possible arrange informal social events for people who are wanting to know more about Common Change (likely to involve travel).
- Identify and engage in conferences and events (online and onsite) at which Common Change would be relevant. This includes speaking, attending and potential sponsoring opportunities (likely to involve travel).
3) Cultivate new leads…
- Manage our marketing communications, mainly via Social Media.
- Develop and manage online engagement events
Your experience and attributes:
- Someone who understands the challenges our communities face and personally demonstrates a generous lifestyle.
- A values-based person who appreciates the Christian roots and inspiration of our work.
- A self-starter who is happy to work independently being motivated to the accomplishment of goals.
- Communicates clearly in written and verbal forms.
- Known for a high standard of integrity, transparency and professionalism.
- Able to work collaboratively with other Common Change team members from a remote office.
- Able to manage expectations and communicate clearly when hard-pressed or if deadlines are not reasonably achievable.
- A reasonable understanding of marketing along with experience of software, apps and databases that are used to communicate effectively.
- Has experience in setting up and managing group gatherings.
- Must be based mainland UK due to travel requirement within the role.
- Flexible, remote working*.
- A competitive rate of pay.
- An opportunity to shape the direction of Common Change in the UK.
- Work with an inspiring network of people who are providing hope in our communities.
- Be part of and witness groups that provide life-changing generosity.
*We would be particularly interested in hearing from self-employed candidates looking to build a ‘portfolio career’.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send CV and cover letter (1 side A4) explaining your vision for the role and why you feel you are the best person to help us grow as a network.
Apply to Matt Wilson, Chair of Trustees: email@example.com before Fri 10th December.
Interviews to be held in January 2022. Commencement from 1st February 2022.